MISSION OF NATIONAL SKILLS COALITION
National Skills Coalition is a broad-based
coalition working toward a vision of an America that grows its economy by
investing in its people, so that every worker and every industry has the skills
to compete and prosper. We engage in organizing, advocacy and communications to
advance state and federal policies that support these goals – polices that are
based on the on-the-ground expertise of our members and allies.
The Digital Media Manager is
responsible for developing and executing communications strategies and tactics using social media
and online marketing tools, including websites, podcasts, and blogs. They are action-oriented, and eager to
actively collaborate with NSC staff on simultaneous campaigns, initiatives, and
priorities. This job requires strong project management skills, and the ability
to multi-task in a deadline-driven environment. The successful candidate
will be able to translate complex ideas into succinct and impactful
communications for a wide range of platforms, audiences, and purposes. They
will also be responsible for compiling and reporting engagement, growth
strategies, and metrics for social media channels and email universe. They
must also demonstrate a team-oriented approach to shared work, problem solving,
and strategic planning.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with members of the communications team and NSC
departments to develop, execute, and assess cohesive communications
strategies that include dynamic campaigns on organizational and
leadership’s social media channels.
- Ensure all NSC departments, campaigns, initiatives, and
priorities are seen and reflected across NSC and leader’s social media
- Maintain NSC’s social media and email calendars
- Coordinate and
support the creation of digital content in various forms (e.g. website٫ blogs٫ press releases, and podcasts)
- Manage digital
- Establish web
presence and boost brand awareness
- Maintain a
strong online organizational voice through social media
- Communicate effectively with internal
program and development teams in ensuring brand consistency
- Manage the development of all digital content for NSC events.
- With Senior Editor, develop and disseminate sample
content/toolkits to NSC staff & key partners to raise visibility
of issues, initiatives, campaigns, and publications with target audiences.
- Provide communications guidance and support to state
coalition partners around social media and email tactics and best
- Manage NSC’s social media programs across campaigns,
publications, and initiatives.
- Translate complex ideas into succinct and impactful social
media content for organizational and leadership’s platforms.
- Collect data and
continually assess, KPIs and social media engagement efforts. Make
recommendations for improvement.
- Manage the development of videos and other digital and
traditional storytelling products
- Use NSC’s project management software to efficiently manage
communications projects that include NSC staff, coalition partners, and
up to date with digital media developments
To perform the job successfully, an individual
should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Project Management: Brings together every component of
a project, including resources or planning, that are needed to complete in
a timely manner.
- Communication Skills: Effectively communicate/collaborate
with colleagues and manage work.
- Technical Expertise: Demonstrated depth of knowledge and
skill in a technical area.
- Organizational Awareness: Using knowledge of the organization
and the organization’s business environment to turn data into insight.
ORGANIZATIONAL CORE COMPETENCIES
- Interpersonal skills: Exhibits respect and
understanding of others to maintain professional relationship.
- Problem Solving: Solves problems
while ensuring rules and directives are followed.
- Communication Skills: Ability to
effectively engage and communicate with target audiences.
- Initiative: Takes independent
action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates
new ideas, practices self-development.
- Attention to Detail: Committed to
accuracy and excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors
quality levels, finds/owns/acts on quality problems.
QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate will have
experience as a digital media specialist, digital marketing manager or
comparable role for an organization and its leadership. This person is familiar
and active on social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and
Linked In and monitors social media trends and changes to functionality. This
person will have experience drafting, deploying, and monitoring social media
content for multiple platforms for multiple “voices” (i.e., NSC, BLU, CEO, and
additional leaders). This person will have experience assisting in creation of
strategy and monitoring metrics and growth.
Education & Experience:
- Previous work experience as a digital media specialist or digital
marketing manager or comparable role.
- Working experience with social media platforms including
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linked In and monitors social media
trends and changes to functionality.
- Hands-on experience with drafting, deploying, and monitoring
social media content for multiple platforms for multiple “voices.”
- Familiarity with
content management systems
- Familiarity with
web design and principals
analytical and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and team management skills
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word,
- Strong skills in stakeholder and project management
COMPENSATION: Salary range for this position
is $75,000-$90,000; salary depends on relevant experience and new staff rarely
start at the top of the range. Excellent benefits package, including
employer-paid health and dental, retirement plan, life and disability insurance
and generous vacation policy.
National Skills Coalition is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged