MISSION OF NATIONAL SKILLS COALITION
National Skills Coalition is a broad-based
coalition working toward a vision of an America that grows its economy by
investing in its people, so that every worker and every industry has the skills
to compete and prosper. We engage in organizing, advocacy and communications to
advance state and federal policies that support these goals – polices that are
based on the on-the-ground expertise of our members and allies.
The Development Associate reports to the Chief
Development Officer (CDO) and will join NSC’s growing development team, which
also includes an Institutional Giving Manager. The Development Associate, working closely
with the CDO and GM, will assist in supporting the research, cultivation, and
solicitation of individual donors and sponsors as NSC grows its portfolio of
non-grant support among different platforms and strategies, as well as provide
broader development support including but not limited to donor communications
and database management.
We are looking for someone with:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
the development of new solicitation strategies (e.g., major donors, grassroots
appeals) through research, moves management, and cultivation strategies and
a growing sponsorship program through research, communications development and
outreach; Identify new opportunities for funding and support.
content for online requests, manage and execute annual appeal project with
increasingly ambitious revenue goals.
Development profiles in database, ensure data integrity, work with the CDO and
communications staff to ensure CRM database supports individual giving and is
updated regularly; Manage all aspects of acknowledgement process.
electronic filing system for Development.
in regular Development team and one-on-one check-ins.
in scheduling and coordination of internal and external meetings.
and monitor metrics and analysis of online fundraising and constituent
funder invitation process for events, including NSC’s large main convenings and
any fundraising gatherings. Support logistics for in-office funder meetings.
in development-related projects as needed.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Interpersonal skills: Exhibits respect and understanding of others to maintain professional relationship.
- Problem Solving: Solves problems while ensuring rules and directives are followed.
- Communication Skills: Ability to effectively engage and communicate with target audiences.
- Initiative: Takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development.
- Attention to Detail: Committed to accuracy and excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds/owns/acts on quality problems.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education & Experience:
- Excellent, high quality writing and oral communications skills.
- Strong database skills.
- Demonstrated experience with individual giving.
- Professional, diplomatic, and strategic in building relationships with funders and staff.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple projects and deadlines.
- Must be extremely organized, resourceful, proactive, and creative.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
COMPENSATION: Salary range for this position is $40,000-$60,000; salary depends on relevant experience and new staff rarely start at the top of the range. Excellent benefits package, including employer-paid health and dental, retirement plan, life and disability insurance and generous vacation policy.
National Skills Coalition is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.